Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring, Where are you?

Things have been quiet around here lately. Winter is refusing to let go, and cold snowy weather has enveloped us in a soft white blanket. So, we wait. The windows are full of new seedlings waiting to be planted in the garden, the days are getting longer, chickens laying more. Its only a mater of time before spring wins the battle and winter is sent packing.
The kids are enjoying the last snowy days, the dogs too. I get to sit by the wood stove with a cup of tea, carrot coconut loaf in the oven, and plan for the work that spring will be bringing.  I'm excited for the rush of activity in the near future.  But for now, I can't think of a better place to be. So as long as winter chooses to hang on, you'll find me enjoying the quiet, and beauty that encompass the season.

 photo 106_3980_zps0bfa3c99.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait either. Seems to be taking forever and I am itching to get going in the garden.

    ReplyDelete