Monday, October 21, 2013

Leaves and apples

I'm sorry its been so long since I last posted. This Fall has been hecticly busy, and I've been having a hard time keeping up with everything I need to get done. At the forefront of my crazy tasks is still apples. I want to use as many as I can, I hate to waist them. So, I've been trying to make at least one batch of apple preserves a day, may it be apple sauce, apple butter, or some savoy relish or pickle I've come up with. My pantry is filling up nicely. Friends of ours have just offered us use of their cider press too, so I think we'll be experimenting with pressing, and making hard cider next, but that’s a post for another day. I also finished cleaning out the vegetable garden. The pigs are now busy tilling it for me. When they've finished, I'll add a thick layer of compost to leach into it, and brake down over the winter. Then when spring comes, I'll have the pigs turn it once more, and it should be perfect for planting. The leaves are in there prime, I love the look and feel of fall in the forest. The count down to Halloween has also begun. I can't wait. Halloween is my most favourite holiday. The kids have their costumes picked and ready. The pumpkin to carve has been chosen and sits patiently awaiting its scary face. 10 days to go!! Here are a few pictures of life lately, I will post again soon.  photo 106_5361_zpsd4881e25.jpg  photo 106_5360_zpsde5a0fa8.jpg  photo 106_5357_zps8507cea3.jpg  photo 106_5341_zps035dc1b1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment